Friday, May 09, 2008

"Instinct" Magazine Throws Party, Names Gayest Nerd! ...Gerard Butler Walks By

Instinct Magazine Party at The Standard

The scene is poolside at The Standard on Sunset. Instinct Magazine is throwing a party, and I'm there celebrating my moment as their May Bachelor. I run into old friends like Bobby Trendy and Jonathan Chang and make some new ones.

While all this is happening, Gerard Butler, who is not at the party, but is at The Standard is spotted in the restaurant. Party-goer Roberto Ezzevalli grabs him for photo op, shot by the LA Gay & Lesbian Center's Jim Key.

I am bummed I miss this as I will forever be grateful to 300 for all the hot guys that now show up at Comic-Con International dressed up like Spartans!

Instinct Magazine Party at The Standard Instinct Magazine Party at The Standard
Click here to see all the pictures I took at the party.

Speaking of hot guys, the underwear fashion show uses models from The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency. The attendees pay little attention to the underwear. The man at the center of the next picture is Instinct's managing editor, Jonathan Riggs, whom I have to thank for asking me to be in the magazine!

Instinct Magazine Party at The Standard Instinct Magazine Party at The Standard Instinct Magazine Party at The Standard

There's Daniel with Jonathan"Socialite Extraordinaire" Chang and me with Patrick Joseph "Livonia Parsons" Vettraino. That's a mouthful. Click here to see all the pictures I took at the party.

As for the "gayest nerd," well, that would be me. The magazine has a whole section this month on Prism Comics.

Aside from a full-page portrait, the spread also includes 5 images of my artwork. And since it's a national magazine, I guess that makes me America's Gayest Nerd! Woo-hoo. ;)

The portrait by Stephanie Yantz was shot in Echo Park, because I'm a champion of the East Side. I'm glad it's a lot less "fashiony" than the one from Frontiers last year. That was a lot to live up to! My "Bachelor" feature is page 42 of the May 2008 issue of Instinct or click here for the shorter online version.

No comments: