Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sea Slug Sex & Fol Chen Draw a Crowd at Machine Project

Fol Chen & Sea Slugs at Machine Project Fol Chen & Sea Slugs at Machine Project
Fol Chen & Sea Slugs at Machine Project Fol Chen & Sea Slugs at Machine Project

I am standing in a crowd outside Machine Project in Echo Park wondering if they are all really there for Patrick Krug's lecture on Sea Slugs. It could be!

But after Fol Chen comes on, I can also declare that if you're not into hearing about the mating habits of Alderia willowi (named for Willow on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" as I learn in the lecture) it is well worth sitting through said lecture to see this band. Amazing stage presence, great vocal, songs with catchy hooks could make them the next big thing, and they even throw a trumpet and some maracas in there.

I also run into my old pal Josh Kamensky, former Director of Communications for our very own City of Angels, and now writer and front man for another awesome East Side band, Captain Automatic, with his fiancée, Heather. Click here to see all my photographs from this event!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fascinating! Off to check out all the links.

I.